hdmf-common Release Notes¶
- In the experimental
relative_pathfield to the “objects” table dtype. This is used in place of the previous
fieldfield representing the relative path to get to the dataset/attribute from the object. The previous
fieldfield will be used to represent a compound type field name if the dataset/attribute is a compound dtype.
- Update version of HDMF-experimental namespace from 0.1 to 0.2.
1.5.0 (April 19, 2021)¶
AlignedDynamicTable, which defines a
DynamicTablethat supports storing a collection of sub-tables. Each sub-table is itself a
DynamicTablethat is aligned with the main table by row index. Each sub-table defines a sub-category in the main table effectively creating a table with sub-headings to organize columns.
1.4.0 (March 29, 2021)¶
Summary: In 1.4.0, the HDMF-experimental namespace was added, which includes the
data types. Schema in the HDMF-experimental namespace are experimental and subject to breaking changes at any time.
ExternalResources was changed to support storing both names and URIs for resources. The
VocabData data type was
EnumData to provide more flexible support for data from a set of fixed values.
EnumDatafor storing data that comes from a set of fixed values. This replaces
VocabDatawhich could hold only string values. Also,
VocabDatacould hold only a limited number of elements (~64k) when used with the HDF5 storage backend.
EnumDatagets around these restrictions by using an untyped dataset (VectorData) instead of a string attribute to hold the enumerated values.
- Renamed the “resources” table in
- Created a new “resources” table to store the name and URI of the ontology / external resource used by the “entities”
- Renamed fields in
- Added “entities” dataset to
ExternalResources. This is a row-based table dataset to replace the functionality of the “resources” dataset in
- Changed the “resources” dataset in
ExternalResourcesto store the name and URI of the ontology / external resource used by the “entities” dataset in
- Added HDMF-experimental namespace.
1.3.0 (December 2, 2020)¶
- Add data type
ExternalResourcesfor storing ontology information / external resource references. NOTE: this data type is in beta testing and is subject to change in a later version.
- Changed dtype for datasets within
CSRMatrixfrom ‘int’ to ‘uint’. Negative values do not make sense for these datasets.
1.2.1 (November 4, 2020)¶
- Update software process documentation for maintainers.
- Fix missing data_type_inc for
CSRMatrix. It now has
hdmf-schema-languagecomment at the top of each yaml file.
SimpleMultiContainer, a Container for storing other Container and Data objects together
1.2.0 (July 10, 2020)¶
- Add software process documentation.
- Fix missing dtype for
- Add new
Containerto base.yaml. This change does not functionally change the schema.
Index. This change allows
VectorIndexto index other
Indexdata type is now unused and has been removed.
- Fix documentation for ragged arrays.
1.1.3 (January 21, 2020)¶
- Fix missing ‘shape’ and ‘dims’ key for types
1.1.2 (January 9, 2020)¶
- Fix version number in namespace.yaml and docs
1.1.1 (January 9, 2020)¶
- Support for ReadTheDocs continuous documentation was added, and legal/license documents were also added. The schema is unchanged.
1.1.0 (January 3, 2020)¶
- The ‘colnames’ attribute of
DynamicTablechanged from data type ‘ascii’ to ‘text’.
- Improved documentation and type docstrings.
1.0.0 (September 26, 2019)¶